ORION CASE STUDY
FUELING MOBILE & IOT APP DEVELOPMENT FOR FLEET INTELLIGENCE COMPANY
Long term development partners
For the past six years, Sempercon’s team of engineers has worked with Orion on managing the backend development and integration of its IIoT solution. With Sempercon’s support, Orion’s business analysts and support specialists:
- Deliver tailored solutions and customer support
- Agilely respond to customers’ product requests and quickly introduce new features
- Constantly improve product-service value for customers
Orion first installs IIoT-enabled hardware devices in its customers’ fleet vehicles. Then, Orion’s IIoT solution collects and organizes the data generated by the devices, and presents it to customers via a SaaS reporting and analysis platform for that enables real time fleet vehicle tracking, safety and operations management.
“We needed a capable and flexible development partner to help us support and grow our Fleet Intelligence application. SemperCon has proven to be a technically strong and reliable long term partner for our company.”
—A.J. Kait, CEO of Orion Fleet Intelligence
Sempercon’s team of engineers supports Orion in 3 key ways:
- Real time fleet tracking and alerts. The CalAmp hardware device that is at the center of Orion’s Industrial IIoT solution contains a GPS and cellular data modem, and transmits information on fleet vehicles’ locations in real time. Sempercon not only supported Orion in determining and optimizing the integration requirements of their physical hardware, but also managing the immense amount of data Orion’s IIoT devices collect. Then, our engineers developed a solution that enables real-time location display and processing of high-concern incident alerts.
- Daily incident reporting. Orion quickly learned that its’ clients run the risk of being overwhelmed by fragmented incident data. Thus, Sempercon helped Orion develop both an overnight reporting engine that processes summary reports in batches, and a configuration system used that maps the relationships of devices-to-reports-to-users.
- Long term, scalable development partner. Sempercon works closely with Orion’s product team to assess customers’ product requests and rapidly respond to their evolving needs. This allows Orion to field meaningful new capabilities to its customers in very short timeframes, often in less than one week.
The Path to Building an IoT Powered Transportation App
Collaborative development: Sempercon assists Orion team in translating their product vision to each customers’ unique Business Intelligence solution, by first determining technical requirements and then proposing user interface screens.
IIoT Integration: Sempercon works closely with Orion on integrating hardware devices into the IIoT system and enabling users to make sense of the data being generated.
Web development: Sempercon developed the web application and processing engines that allow the data collected from IIoT devices to be stored, accessed, analyzed and reported on.
- Differentiating themselves within a competitive market
- Agilely responding to customer’s product requests
- Optimizing product development and engineering efficiency
- Increasing cost savings and revenue generation that customers can realize with technology
- Real time fleet tracking
- Real time monitoring portal and alert engine
- Overnight reporting engine and reporting configurator
- Orion team maintains deep customer relationships
- Clients have rare opportunity to customize Orion’s IIoT solution to their unique needs rapidly
- Scalable engineering support
- Diverse engineering skillset
- Long-term partnership potential
- Experience developing IIoT solutions
- 10+ years of cloud, IoT, web and mobile experience
SCHEDULE NEEDS ASSESSMENT
SemperCon develops custom mobile, web and IoT apps. With SemperCon's engineering talent and platform, businesses develop scalable, reliable applications that take advantage of ‘always connected’ cloud computing and wireless capabilities.